* Updated in June 2019 *
While I have been blogging more about mental health consistently, it suddenly occurred to me that a very helpful thing I could do is to share more resources on the topic!
While I very much appreciate everyone who reads my blog posts, I’m also aware that I am not a trained healthcare professional, nor have I ever helped rehabilitate people who have suffered from mental health issues.
So here it is all in one place for you to reference at any time. There are a variety of different sources than can support with definitions of mental health issues, and in some case provide governmental resources and phone numbers for you to call.
There is also advice for people who may have friends or family suffering from mental health issues on how to help them.
- Mind – British mental health charity
- Real monsters – fantastic illustrations of mental health issues
- Mental Health Foundation UK
- Anxiety & Depression Association of America
- American government website on mental health
- Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand
- Mental Health at Work by Prince William
- An article by Quartz on “How to talk to your boss about mental health”
- TED talks playlist: 7 talks on mental health
- The Sanctus podcast on mental health which covers a variety of interesting topics as it relates to mental health and work
- World Health Organization mental health page
- My mini series of interviews on mental health
- A list of podcasts on the topic can be found here (I have not listened to any other than Happier so cannot confirm whether or not they are good)
- The hilarious world of depression podcast
- Terrible, thanks for asking podcast
I hope these are helpful and provide you with the more detailed information you may be looking for. What about you, what are your favourite mental health resources? Please share in the comments.